RV State inspections in Philadelphia, PA
All vehicles, including motor homes, are required to pass certain requirements states have in place. Depending on the type of RV you have and the state you live in, your vehicle will be subject to a different type of inspection. Many people also get state inspections performed before buying a motor home for their family. No matter what your needs are, we at Dave’s Auto and Truck Service in Philadelphia can perform state inspections on your RV.
The main component of your motor home to focus on for a state inspection is the engine. Here are some things to look out for to make sure your RV’s engine meets your state’s standards:
- Examine the engine from the outside and check for any leaks of oil, coolant, and/or brake fluid. Check the hoses and belts for any signs of wear and tear, and make sure the drive belts are not loose.
- The wiring of your engine should not have any smoke coming out of it or burnt insulation. If you notice any of these, it is a serious problem and your RV should be brought in for repairs.
- Check your motor home’s air filter to see if there is anything clogging it.
You’ll also want to make sure your RV’s weight, width and height meet your state’s standards. To find this out, you can go to your state’s DMV website for specifications. Larger vehicles like motor homes have a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR), which includes the weight of the passengers, cargo, and the vehicle itself.
Here are some other components of your motor home to pay special attention to before you go on a long trip with your RV:
- Make sure all the exterior lights of your motor home are working properly, including brake lights, turn signals, and headlights. Also be sure the covers on these lights don’t have scratches.
- Check your RV for rust and note the areas that have rust.
- Make sure your motor home’s power cords and outlets are in good working condition.
- Inspect the drains of your gray and black water tanks.
- Make sure your RV’s tires are suitable for the vehicle’s GVWR.
- Test all of the motor home’s lights and make sure the pins in the lighting connector are not bent or damaged.
- Ensure the tire pressure monitoring system is working properly.
Your Reliable Shop for RV State Inspections
If your RV is due for a state inspection, Dave’s Auto and Truck Service in Philadelphia is your place to go. Our team of Quality technicians have decades of experience and are experts in all things auto repair, including Auto Repair, Truck Repair, and motor home state inspections. Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1974
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Shuttle on all services and loaner on major service
- Alternative payment options (see our financing page)
- Our diverse team is sure to have an expert in the make and model of your vehicle
If you are in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Churchville, Pennsylvania, Holland, Pennsylvania, Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, or anywhere nearby, come to Dave’s Auto and Truck Service for the best RV State inspections in the area. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with Dave’s Auto and Truck Service; give us a call at 215-677-4783 or go to our website. Dave’s Auto and Truck Service – Since 1974, we have provided reliable services to motorists in the Northeast Philadelphia, PA region..