Exhaust Service in Philadelphia, PA
How does my car’s exhaust work?
Your vehicle’s exhaust system works through several components that collect exhaust fumes from the engine cylinders and removes harmful substances while reducing noise and releasing exhaust gases away from the vehicle. All exhaust systems produce six gases, three of which are toxic. These include carbon monoxide, nitrogen monoxide, and nitrogen oxide. Here is an overview of the parts of your vehicle’s exhaust system:
- Exhaust manifold: The exhaust manifold collects exhaust gases from each cylinder from the combustion chamber of the engine and leads them to the exhaust pipe.
- Catalytic converter: The catalytic converter is a major part of your vehicle’s exhaust system. It converts the harmful emissions from your vehicle and converts them into carbon dioxide and water vapor. Although carbon dioxide is still harmful for the environment, it is not as toxic as the gases mentioned above and so it is important your catalytic converter functions properly. If there is an issue with your catalytic converter, our expertly trained and ASE certified technicians at Dave's Auto and Truck Service can help you decide if your catalytic converter needs to be replaced or just repaired.
- Tail pipe: The tailpipe comes out of the muffler and directs exhaust gases out of the way.
Your vehicle’s exhaust system also works to reduce noise. The mufflers in your auto exhaust system muffle the sound waves that are produced inside, routing the sound waves through tubes and chambers inside the muffler. Considering how important your vehicle’s exhaust system is, you need a trustworthy auto repair shop to take care of it. If you are in Philadelphia, Churchville, Holland, Huntingdon Valley, or Southampton, that shop is Dave's Auto and Truck Service.
How do I know if my vehicle needs an exhaust repair?
Whether you drive a Toyota, Honda, Ford, Hyundai or something else, the symptoms of a bad car exhaust are the same. The following are some signs that your car needs exhaust repair:
- Decreased power and acceleration.
If it takes more time than usual to accelerate your car, there is likely a problem with your exhaust system. If you are experiencing this, do not hesitate to take your vehicle to Dave's Auto and Truck Service so we can take a look.
- Overly noisy engine.
If you have a faulty exhaust manifold gasket, it will cause an exhaust leak that sounds like a hissing or tapping sound. The sound is especially loud during a cold start or when you accelerate the vehicle.
- Burning smell from the engine bay.
If your exhaust system leaks into your car’s engine wires or any parts under the hood that are made of plastic, the heat from the exhaust gases could cause these parts to burn. This causes a burning smell and, in more severe cases, smoke coming out of your vehicle. It is imperative that you bring your vehicle in for repairs to Dave's Auto and Truck Service in Philadelphia as soon as a burning smell is noticed.
- Hanging exhaust pipe.
If any part of the exhaust pipe breaks and is dragging or hanging out of your vehicle, bring your vehicle into Dave's Auto and Truck Service in Philadelphia for repairs immediately.
- Decreased fuel efficiency.
Along with decreased acceleration, if you are getting less mileage from your vehicle than before, there may be a problem with your exhaust system.
- Gas smell.
If you smell gas inside your car while you are driving, it is usually caused by one of the exhaust pipes or tubes gets damaged and starts to leak.
Your exhaust system is integral to a safe driving experience, so when the time comes to get it repaired, you can bring your vehicle to Dave's Auto and Truck Service. Serving residents of Bucks County and beyond, our number one goal is to provide high-quality customer service and repair services to every customer, every day. In addition to exhaust repair, we also offer services in [key services list 2] and oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups.
Your award-winning local Shop for Exhaust Repair
If you are having an issue with your exhaust system, Dave's Auto and Truck Service in Philadelphia is your place to go. Our owner Dave Andrzejewski and team of expertly trained and ASE certified technicians have decades of experience and are experts in all things auto repair, including exhaust repair. Here's why you should choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1974
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Shuttle on all services and loaner on major service
- Alternative payment options (see our financing page)
- We have a review score of 5 based on reviews from hundreds of satisfied customers.
If you are in the 19115 area or nearby, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with Dave's Auto and Truck Service, either online or via phone at (855) 958-2707. Dave's Auto and Truck Service – "The Auto & Truck Repair Service You Can Count On!".